Experienced Software Engineer$120k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.15% Location Seattle Job type Full Time Visa sponsorship Not Available Remote work policy In office - WFH flexibility Skills Python | C++ | Software Development | C | Numerical Simulations | Aerospace Engineering | Docker | Kubernetes
Starfish Space is a fast-growing space startup based in Seattle, Washington. We’re developing a servicing spacecraft called Otter, a small and versatile vehicle that will enable affordable and available satellite servicing for the first time in the history of the space industry. We launched our Otter Pup demonstration mission in the summer of 2023 and we’ll be launching the second Otter Pup in late 2024. We have raised over $22M in venture funding to-date, and have active partnerships with NASA, the US Space Force, and other key organizations in space.
Starfish’s spacecraft requires high performance software; thus, we are looking for a software engineer who can help us build core software technologies for Starfish’s satellites. We are looking for several different skill sets, and we encourage engineers with any relevant skill set to apply. Specifically, we are looking for engineers with expertise in any of these areas:
– Simulation environments (e.g. Monte Carlo infrastructure development)
– Cloud infrastructure / cloud computing
– HIL / PIL systems for spacecraft
– Embedded systems, especially building hardware / software interfaces
– Computer vision / autonomous navigation
No matter which skill set you bring, your work will fly on satellites and help bring humanity one step closer to sustainable infrastructure in space. We look forward to meeting you!
– 5+ years of professional software development experience in one of the areas listed in the position description
– Working knowledge of Python and C++
– Must be a US person due to ITAR regulations (citizen, permanent resident, or designated asylee / refugee)
– Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
– Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
– B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar field
– Previous experience in the aerospace industry is a plus, but not required
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.